A new me...

A place where I can write about my fitness goals and accomplishments. A place where I hope to receive motivation from myself and also from my followers. A place where I can share stories about the blood, sweat and tears I will endure during my journey to a new me!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Start with Baby Steps

Good Morning!! Well, I can still consider this my morning. Because I work the night shift, I sleep during the day. I have noticed at times it gets difficult to find a balance between sleeping during the day on the days that I work and attempting to switch to a somewhat normal schedule during my days off. It really is difficult and some days I find myself wanting to take a nap mid-day just to regain energy. But I do this so that I can join my family and friends on their schedules and be able to visit them during my days off. I always enjoy family time :-)

Finding a balance will be very important while I begin this new journey in my life. I mentioned in my first entry that starting a blog was not just a New Year's Resolution. That stands true because the reasons behind this blog are very important to me, however the "New Year, New Me" aspect is always something to look forward to. I believe that a common reason why New Year's Resolutions don't work is because it's very easy to become overzealous. Setting too many goals in the beginning makes it difficult to see your goal through to the end. I have been guilty of this in the past, so I plan to keep the big goal in mind while making baby steps along the way.

Baby Steps are:

Cutting out soda/ sugary drinks- commonly known as "empty calories"

Drinking water with every meal

Power walk 3-4 miles as often as I can- this will be training towards my running goal

Cut out "bad" carbs- pasta, bread and also processed foods

Load up with veggies- I love this part! I can eat veggies until I'm full :-)


Tonight at work we are having a going away party for a co-worker. It will be a challenge for me to stay away from the all the yummy foods, especially the cookie cake! Did you know it only takes twenty-one days to form a habit? Changing a few current habits and updating them with my baby steps will drastically improve my diet and workout regimen. I want to thank my Aunt Michelle for the recipes and meals she taught me how to make yesterday! I am well- equipped with healthy food for my work week, as long as I can stay away from the things that know how to lure me in!

Wish me luck! Another day closer to a newer me!

3 comments:

  1. awesome michelle! i love this post too! :) buttttt.. i would love it even more if your best little sister was in your picture to! a good picture of the 3 of us! :) LOVE YOUU and i am sooo incredibly proud of you! and I KNOW you can do it! anytime you want to work out with me, or call me and cry to me about how hard it may seem, or how you working so hard has paid off (because i know you'll reach your goal! im always here! i know were 5 years apart, but dont think that i cant listen to anything your thinking about, im a great listener! :) keep up the good work, and again I Love your blog! LOVE YOU! :) wish you lived closer so we could work out every day you had off!


    Tiffany :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Michelle! I love your baby steps and it is clear that you have researched and understand a lot of things that you can do to help you be successful with your goal! I love you and am here to keep encouraging you!! I am soooo proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete